Job Accommodation Network (JAN) Benefits
Program DescriptionThe Job Accommodation Network (JAN) provides free, expert and confidential technical assistance to both employees and employers regarding workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
General Program RequirementsAnyone can receive information from JAN. JAN programs are targeted towards employers and employees requiring workplace accommodations for disability or health related issues.
Your Next StepsThe following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this program.
Application ProcessJAN offers several ways to obtain confidential, personalized assistance:
- By Phone: From 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, customers can call JAN toll-free to speak with a workplace accommodation expert at 1-800-526-7234 or 1-877-781-9403 (TTY).
- Via the Web: AskJAN.org offers more than 300 disability-specific publications, as well as the Searchable Online Accommodation Resource (SOAR), which enables users to explore accommodation options for different disabilities and workplace settings.
- On Demand: JAN's online service provides customers with individualized e-mail responses to questions about accommodations and the ADA.
- Through Social Networks: JAN connects with users through a variety of social media platforms, from Facebook and LinkedIn, to Twitter, blogs, and Second Life.
- Through In-Person Trainings: JAN delivers training workshops at events sponsored by corporations, organizations, and Federal, state, and local governments.
Program Contact Information
For more information about this program go to: http://askjan.org/index.html